Wakely got his braces taken off on the 18th after having them almost a year. He now wears a retainer and still wears his head gear at night. I am really loving his smile!!
Regionals Day 2!
4 years ago
by Diane Loomans
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self esteem first, and the house later.
I'd fingerpaint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.
6 comments:
He does have a great smile, he is just a cute kid all around!
Wow, his birthday is coming up, I can't believe that he will be 9!!!
Great birthday present to have the braces off!!
Not only does Wakely look excited but so do his brothers. Congrats Wakely!
Way to go Wakely! (I still can't believe how young they are when they get braces now! What a great idea.)
He was young to have braces. From my understanding Kim,they only do this for kids needing a jaw adjustment (in which he did) hoping to correct it early and not have to break it later on to make the adjustment. It doesn't always work but I think it is worth trying.
Usually when someone gets braces early they will need them later to finish the job--is that the case with him? Is his head gear pushing/pulling the top or bottom jaw?
Matt
Post a Comment