
We have taken a huge loss in our family this week. Joe's uncle Mike was flying his single engine Cessna 182 plane on Tuesday for business when it disappeared. He was going from the Denver area to Aspen. It was a rough night/morning waiting and hoping to find out any news. Around 11 am on Wednesday we heard the news that that the wreckage was found in the wilderness and that Mike did not make it. He will be terribly missed.
My husband could tell story after story of all the great times they had growing up and when you hear them laughter soon follows.
Mike and his wife Colleen were pretty much inseparable. I have yet to meet a couple like this anywhere else. The matching attire, the closeness, the fun as well as the hard work. You wouldn't have to know them long to feel the love. I am so grateful to have known him.
I wish we could be closer to family. It is really hard to be away at a time like this. We are thinking of you and want you to know that we love you all so much.





4 comments:
Sandi and Joe-
I'm so sad to hear about your loss. That is very tragic... and yet we know thru the beauty of the Lord's plan that even events such as this will eventually result in happiness. I'm thinking about you guys...
I'm so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you.
Joe and Sandi,
I came across your blog and wanted to say Hi.(The pic of Mike and Colleen reminds me that if it weren't for their marriage, we would not not know the COOL Stevenson family). We live in the Tri-cities now, so if you ever come through, you should stop. Are you going to the funeral? I really wish we could, but Billy has to work and the baby is still so little. I hope you guys are doing well.
Amanda
Hey guys, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle! I haven't checked blogs in a while, but now I know what you meant when you said you had had a rough week. You and your family will be in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment