elmo, ninja, & darth vader
My friend annalisa & I made these fun little bread bowls the other day and i put ghost chili in them for halloween dinner.
My friend annalisa & I made these fun little bread bowls the other day and i put ghost chili in them for halloween dinner.
It was a big hit!
elmo & super elmo (always looking for trouble as you can see)Here are the recipes for the bread bowls and the 'ghost chili':
french bread
2 1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons yeast
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
6 cups flour
Put warm water into a large bowl. Dissolve sugar in water then sprinkle yeast over the water. Let this sit for a while til the yeast begins to foam. Add salt, oil & half of the flour. Remove a small amount to use for the stems. Add the food coloring. Mix well then add remaining flour, or as much as you need to form a stiff dough. Knead for a few minutes then place in a greased bowl. Allow to rise for 50 minutes, but punch the dough down every ten minutes. Punch dough down one final time and turn onto a floured surface. Divide dough into approx. 6 parts. Form into balls and add stem shape. Arrange on a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min or until brown or in this case orange.
white bean chili
4 cups great northern white beans (drained & rinsed)
4 cups chicken broth
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
3 cups monterey shredded cheese
4 cups cooked chopped chicken (omit if desired)
1/2 can diced green chiles
~sour cram & salsa optional
saute onion & garlic. add broth & spices. cook 10 min. then add chiles, chicken, beans, and cheese (a little at a time). thicken if desired.






8 comments:
Hey, I think your bowls turned out prettier than mine!! They were definitely yummy though. I love the picture of our Elmos and their matching pumpkin tattoos!
Ghost chili sounds good! The bowls look great!
cute costumes too.
Thanks for making lisa feel like a boring mother b/c she doesn't make pumpkin chili.
matt
So which is stronger the Light saber or the sword?
matt
Those bowls are awesome. My kids would love something like that. I will have to try it next year. You guys may have to help me. I love the matching Elmo's. How cute are they.
The pumpkim bowls look so cute and yummy! I want to make them next year! POst the recipe for us!!
I love the pumpkin bowls!!!
Yum! Thanks for posting the recetas!
Post a Comment