Going to Mexico for Christmas vacation has been an ongoing tradition in Joe's family ~ about 45 years now I think. Joe's grandma & grandpa on his mom's side asked there children one Christmas whether they wanted a color tv or to go on a trip to Mexico. Mexico was the obvious & smart choice as they knew they would get the tv eventually wink wink but little did they know how it would become the tradition that it has. I think this may have been my 6th time going down there and I have to admit that I still do not enjoy that drive down in the motorhome. I have a hard time sleeping while that big rig is moving and 36 hours is a long time to go without much sleep. I was a bit better this year as i thought ahead and brought a few advil pm's to take if necessary ;o) The parts that I do enjoy, however, are relaxing on the beach, getting a little tan - because it is warm enough to, getting my shopping fix while ON the beach, watching my kids have so much fun, visiting with people we don't get to often, hearing about the harts card games ~ i tend to take those times to catch up on movies I don't get a chance to watch, reading, going into the market on the loco buses, and chowing down. We had a smaller group this year (in terms of people who came that we know). I could be off on this but I believe that there were just around 90 this year and normally there are about 150 people in our group. We also stayed at a spot that was new for everyone but turned out to be very nice. A much shorter distance to the beach from our camp spot as well as much nicer banyo's. The weather was in the 80's almost the whole time (maybe had one day that was a little overcast and windy but can't complain). Blogging about our trips always seem to be a bit difficult for me - could be that I had about 600 pictures to sort through when I got home (not all are from Mexico as I took Bridger and Ryland and went a bit early to spend some time in Utah with my family - more of that to come). So this is why it is so late. I hope you enjoy the movie - the quality isnt as great as I hoped it would be.
Regionals Day 2!
4 years ago





1 comment:
Wow, it looks amazing!
Post a Comment