“Who is it that whispers so subtly in our ear that a gift given to another somehow diminishes the blessings we have received? Who makes us feel that if God is smiling on another, then He surely must somehow be frowning on us? You and I both know who does this—it is the father of all lies.. I am convinced the commandment not to covet is meant to keep us from hurting ourselves… Brothers and sisters, I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, ‘robes … made … white in the blood of the Lamb.’ May we encourage each other in our effort to win that prize is my earnest prayer..”
Regionals Day 2!
4 years ago





3 comments:
What a great quote, thanks for sharing!
I love this quote. It is one I think everyone needs to hear. Thanks for lifting my spirits today, and everyother day.
I love this quote, too! I was so sorry to read about your miscarriage!!! That's really rough! Have you had many? We had one before Devin, and it was really hard. I hope you are feeling better. You have really handsome boys!
Post a Comment